Mite Program Director - Filled for 2022/23 season
The Mite Program Director is the primary liaison to the Board for all teams at the Mite level. His/her responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following items:
- Recruit team managers for all Mite teams
- Serve as primary point of contact with the Board for these team managers
- Communicate all relevant information from the Board with these team managers
- In conjunction with the Director of Hockey Development and Hockey Development Committee, determine the structure for the Mite on an annual basis. This will include general policies as well as number of teams at each level, player assignment to teams, etc.
- Manage the Mite sections of the WHA Guidebook
- Coordinate the registration of all Mite players in conjunction with the Registrar
- Serve as primary Board liaison for Mite teams (including grievance process)
- Ensure that ice times are distributed as equitably as possible among Mite level teams and in accordance with the WHA Guidebook policies
- Manage the game/jamboree process for all Mite teams
- In conjunction with the Director of Hockey Development and Hockey Development Committee, recruit head coaches and assistant coaches. Assist the HDC in the administration of the selection process.
- Assist Equipment Director and head coaches with the maintenance of necessary equipment (goalie, jerseys, etc.)
- Coordinate the honorary junior captain and skate during high school varsity games
- Perform other duties as requested by District 6, the WHA President, and the WHA Board of Director.
Board oversight for this key volunteer position is the responsibility of the Director of Hockey Development.