Tournament Coordinator - Filled for 2022/23 season
The Tournament Coordinator is responsible for arranging all tournaments in which the WHA teams will participate in or host. His/her responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following items:
- Track all tournament-hosting commitments for the WHA
- This includes D6, Regional, and State Playoffs
- Ensure that we have sufficient ice time to support these commitments
- Serve as primary point of contact with the Board for these team managers
- Assist coaches in the identification of tournaments for their teams and ensure that the team managers have adequate plans in place for registration, payment, and accommodations
- Monitor team tournament participation to ensure that it is consistent with the WHA guidelines
- Provide approval for tournament participation
- For tournament hosting activities, coordinate all tournament activities.
- Volunteers to staff the tournament [working with Volunteer Coordinator]
- Game schedule
- Serve as point of contact for participating teams
- Perform other duties as requested by District 6, the WHA President, and the WHA Board of Directors
Board oversight for this key volunteer position is the responsibility of the Treasurer.